Friday, July 24, 2009

A taste of Africa

I debated about whether to put pictures of this quilt up because it is a gift for someone but I just had to share. I love the colors in this quilt and cannot wait to finish it. It will have a black thin border next and then a zebra print border after that and then a larger black solid border with monkey print cornerstones(FUN!! FUN!! :-O ). I promise to post a pic when the borders are done and then after the quilting is completed. I actually designed this one myself and although it's just a glorified 4-patch I think I did pretty good.





I love it and can't wait to start quilting!!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is a great quilt. I'm glad you decided to share it before gifting it away.......I know it will be hard to part with....LOL
I like the way you stripped the blocks...it almost looks like cages. Great job!

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a cute fun quilt. The black looks great with the fabric. Your plans for the borders sound wonderful!